A life of love

A life of love
Everyone should have a Great Pyrenees

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas!!!!

Okay, so Mr. Sarcasm, my dear husband's response when I said "I don't know that I have anything to say"  was "yeah, your blog posts are so brief and limited". 

So, I am going to do a quick holiday update!  We had a nice Christmas, visits with family and friends, fun with kids enjoying their presents, great Christmas services at church, and all the usual. 

Personally, I am kind of glad that it is done.  It just got overwhelming near the end this year.  Not that we didn't enjoy it, but I was exhausted by the end.  Maybe it is just me and the shorter days.

But, we are going to make a traditional Ethiopian meal on New Year's Day, which we are all greatly looking forward to!  Injera, doro wat, misir wat and whatever else we come up with!  I am so glad I have learned to cook some of this and that most of us love it (Kiley is going to have a Digorno pizza that day, according to her!).   

With Wisconsin weather, and animals to care for, we make the most of good weather days and this week has and will be above freezing, so we are hauling hay from the barn where it is stored - many trailer loads will make much lighter work in worse weather, which is the goal!  Our big push is New Year's Eve, so I think that New Year's Evening will involve movies and a simple relaxing night!  The kids' big party is to watch the ball drop and camp out in the living room.  Our bedroom is the next room, so hubby and I can go to bed and still supervise.  Aren't we boring????

We are working to become debt free while we continue to remodel our home - a 130 year old home certainly takes a lot of work!!!  I am finally ready to paint the first floor, we did the second floor (the kids' bedrooms when we moved in and got burned out).  AND I learned how to refinish our floors, so I am literally doing it a few square feet at ta time - now imagine that with the last six kittens we have left here!!!!  Maybe by the end of the summer we will have it done!!!

Our homestudy is all over the US, so hopefully at some point we will be able to be the family to a baby who needs us!  In the meantime, I am training horses, decluttering, organizing and just in general keeping busy!!! Not to mention all the usual of homeschooling and keeping up with our active family.  I am very grateful that we are between theater shows!!!  There will be tryouts in a couple weeks, but I am ignoring that at the moment.  I am hoping to get some more chapters of our book done in the near future, but living out life seems to get in the way of trying to explain it!!!  LOL!

Well, I am headed to shoo kids to bed before heading there myself.  I am hoping to take good advantage of the good weather tomorrow!!!!  (and very thankful for Kiley's dear friend who gave me insulated jean the other day - they are fleece lined and so amazingly warm, it is like being covered in a blanket!!!  And will make winter easier for me!!!  Thanks Gail!!!!!).
"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay,

I did NOT say that her "post are so brief and limited.", but rather that she is "so brief and concise".

Yes, sarcasm, NO they are NOT limited! Sheesh!